Tuesday, July 26, 2011

thank you cali's grace

my search for the perfect take home outfit for addison has commenced & i am in LOVE.  i have searched for months & when i saw a 0-3 month version of this little number on CalisGrace on ESTY i had to find out if she would custom make something for addison. it is EXACTLY what i was looking for & i already have the perfect headband & shoes to match it. she blogged about it today so i figured i'd share.

http://calisgrace.blogspot.com/




This week I had the amazing honor of making this little number.  Every piece of clothing I make makes me so proud to be doing what I am doing.  The fact that moms just like myself, or grandma's or friends are actually spending their hard earned money on something I create just blows my mind!  And now that I honed my passion into something like Cali's Grace and people are responding so positively makes it so much sweeter.  
This piece though.....this piece is truly special to me.  A mommy-to-be in North Carolina contacted me looking for something similar to our Petal Perfect Frock, but needed it in the itty-est bitty-est size yet!  Her little girl is due to arrive in late August and she's expected to be around 6 lbs.  Now, my son was born 6 lbs 8 oz and he was TINY!  Her little girl will be even smaller.  
So I thought about this and this is how our Petal Perfect Frock translated into the smallest piece of clothing Cali's Grace has ever made.  
What made this so special to me is that the mommy-to-be is planning on having her new baby girl wear this home from the hospital.  If you are like me, you probably saved your child's outfit that they wore for the first time when they set off into the wide wide world.  Something about that outfit is so important to us moms.  The journey homes marks a first in the many journeys that will end up being our lives.  
I am so completely honored, and humbled that something I made with my own two hands will hold such a special place in the life of this little girl!  

Thank you, and good luck Holly!

<3 Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment